This is how I use sidechain gate & compressor in REAPER.
Live streaming DAW music production using a OBS Studio but keep using a ASIO output driver of your audio interface?
You don’t need to mess around with MME or WDM as a output device.
- Install ReaPlugs VST FX Suite and make sure your DAW & OBS studio recognize it (Tip : Symbolic link of folder works!).
- Add “reastream-standalone” plug-in to DAW master audio out and set “Send audio/MIDI; IP = * local broadcast”
- Now open OBS audio setting and add Mic/Auxiliary Audio (Choose a device you’re not using!).
- Add “reastream-standalone” VST plug-in filter to that device. You don’t need change settings this time.
- Now you should see the audio level meter is moving when DAW playing something (you can set monitoring on OBS if you need).