DIY Arduino MIDI master clock/sync/divider for MIDI instruments, Pocket Operators and Korg Volca.
You can easily find similar projects but I added ability to sync different PPQN via 2nd 3.5mm trs jack (check-out demo video below).
MIDI & 1st audio jack sync according to BPM and I can adjust different PPQN with encoder (push once) for 2nd audio sync jack.
I want to add swing function (like Volca Sample) but still figuring out best way to implement (maybe future updates).
Code is not well-documented and anywhere near neat. Any suggestions are welcome. :)
- Arduino (any model)
- 1 x Push button (You can omit this and use encoder’s button. Need implement long & short push button code)
- 1 x Rotary encoder with button
- 2 x 3.5mm trs female socket (You can add more if you need)
- 3 x 220 ohm resistor
- 1 x MIDI connector (5-pin standard DIN)
- 1 x Led
- 0.96 inch OLED 128×64 I2c display module (LED module is slow you can use other display like “16×2 LCD”)
How to use
- Change BPM via encoder
- 1 Push encoder button to change 2nd audio sync speed, push again to exit to main BPM display
- Start / Stop via Push button